So to make it you will need:
400ml of whole milk
100ml of cream
150g egg yolk, this is approximately 7 yolks. It is best to measure as not all eggs are created equal.
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Put the egg yolks and sugar into a bowl and mix lightly.
- Add the cornflour and whisk together fo a few seconds until evenly blended.
- Now add the cold milk and cream and mix to combine the ingredients.
- Cook in the microwave for 2 minutes at high power. Open the microwave and mix well. This makes sure that the heat is evenly distributed.
- Replace the cream into microwave and cook for a further minute. Remove and mix well. Do this twice more and by the time that you have cooked it for 5 minutes in total it should be cooked. If you are nervous, you can cook for 30 seconds at a time. You should mix every time that you open the oven. You will know that it is cooked when it is thick and it has lost the taste of raw cornflour.