To make a thin sponge to just fill the sheet:
1 egg yolk
2 whole eggs
75g plain flour
75g caster sugar
25 butter melted and allowed to cool. It should still be liquid
- Grease and flour the silicone tray. If you don't do this, it will stick, I don't care what claims the manufacturers make.Put the sugar onto a sheet of ovenproof paper and warm gently.
- Whisk the eggs until they are starting to lighten in colour.
- Add the warm sugar and continue to whisk to the ribbon stage by which time the mixture shold be cool.
- Now remove about a quarter of the mixture and fold in the melted butter. Add this back into rest of the egg mixture and fold it gently into the mix.
- Pour into the tray and level off with a spatula.
- Bake at 220 C for about 7 minutes. It will not take long as it is thin and the oven is hot.