Sunday 6 September 2009

Aubergine or Melanzane Ravioli

Many of you who visit this blog will have seen that I've made stuffed pasta before but today I want to present you with the latest recipe that has come into my repertoire. It came about principally as I had an aubergine that needed to be used and I thought what the heck and gave it a go.



You will need:


For the filling
1 large, and in Italy they are large, or two normal sized aubergines.
250g of ricotta cheese that you will have to drain
5 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
4 basil leaves chopped
1 large clove of garlic chopped and about
3 tablespoons of olive oil

To make the filling
Peel the aubergine and chop into small dice, about half a centimetre. I then put them in a plastic bowl and microwaved them for about 4 mins on high power until they were soft. Drain away the water that they give off in cooking.
Now heat the olive oil in a frying pan no need to brown the aubergines and chopped garlic. Leave to cool.
Add the ricotta and parmesan cheese, salt pepper and some dried breadcrumbs if the mixture is too wet. Remember that a wet mixture will make the uncooked pasta soggy and it won't hold together to pick up and cook.
For the pasta:
400g of 00 flour
4 medium eggs.
Make the pasta as I have explained in earlier recipes.
I'll finish this recipe when I've got more time later on today.

1 comment:

patty l said...

Hi Nonna,

I am an Italian American and a professor of online journalism. I'm also a helluva cook.

I have admired your site for quite some time. I recently started my own Italian American cooking/culture blog. There's not much on it yet, but I wanted you to see it because I would appreciate your feedback. You can check it out at www.italianamericancook.com.

I also added you to my blogroll, and I'd be thrilled if you'd do the same, or mention me in one of your posts.

Either way, I hope we keep in touch.

All the best,
Patty Lamberti
718-450-0268