So the wish for an easy to make cake is granted and this is what you'll need:
250g self raising flour
125g soft butter
a couple of spoons of milk or more, depending on the consistance of the batter.
100g chopped dark chocolate
100g chopped dried apricots
a few drops of almond essence.
- Put all of the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together
- Melt the butter and add the egg and the milk.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and give it a swift mik to blend the ingredients but please do not over mix otherwise you'll have a heavy stodge of a cake. Now is the time to add a little more milk if you think that the batter is too dry.
- Pour the mixture into a greased shallow tin aboput 10 inches by 8 inches. The bigger the tin the thinner the cake. If you would prefer a deeper cake then cook in a smaller tin but remember that it will take longet to cook.
- Bake at 170 C for about 45 mins, or until brown and dry in the middle when tested with a skewer.
- When the cake has cooled dust with icing sugar and cut in to squares.
This cake is wonderful with a cup of tea or coffee for a mid morning break.